Here’s a sample of how to make a simple card and AMP it up with a pleated design and touch of ribbon to make it a stand out. Used the ‘Good Morning Magnolia’ stamp set, ‘Magnolia Lane’ designer series paper, some cardstock from the ‘Subtles Collection’ and one small piece of ‘Scalloped Lace’ trim to finish it off.
Here’s how to make it:
- Layer a 5 1/4 x 4′ old olive piece of cardstock on an A2 base card
- Layer a 4 3/4 x 3 1/2″ floral piece on top of olive piece
- Take a 12 x 12′ piece of designer paper and mark down one side at 1 1/2″ and the opposite side at 4″ Draw a line between them and you should have a wedge looking something like this:
- With your scoring tool score across the piece at 1″ and 1/2″ and repeat across paper
- Pleat the folds by folding back and forth on each fold line and press with a bone folder to make the folds crisp
- Wet Glue the top inside folds of the pleated piece and press until it holds
- Before attaching the pleat to the card cut a strip of “Petal Pink’ cardstock that is 5 1/2 x 1/2”.
- Attach to fold about 1/4′ from the top of pleats
- Glue ribbon on top of that
- Attach the pleated piece to your card…center and trim to your liking
- Die cut a petal pink piece from the ‘Stitched Framelit’ dies , stamp a greeting and pop up on card with ‘Dimensionals. You can trim down to the stitching, cut a second piece out of olive green 9or the green you used to frame the piece0 and add a shadow if desired.
Hope you like this tutorial. Would appreciate it if you would share with others to pass on some inspiration…speaking of that, would love to see your version of a SU pleated card in so others may gather ideas for their own cards.
As always, if you don’t have a demonstrator, I would love to be yours so we can share, learn and grow together with our crafting projects. Just drop me a line for more information.
Here’s the products used for this cards: